From Psychotic Ninja Package Repository
Revision as of 05:07, 19 November 2021 by John R. Dennison (Talk | contribs)
The Psychotic Ninja mailing lists can be found at lists.psychotic.ninja. You can subscribe and unsubscribe to the lists and configure various preferences there.
There are two main lists: psychotic-users and psychotic-announce. The psychotic-users list is intended for general feedback on the packages provided by Psychotic Ninja and general topical conversation regarding the project. The psychotic-announce list is used for announcements of package updates and informational postings regarding the project.
Mailing List Guidelines
- Be professional and courteous. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
- Don't top post. Instead, interleave your responses within the body of the message ("inline") to which you're responding, or post your response at the bottom.
- Don't use large signatures or "disclaimers" about email confidentiality. The mailing lists are public; hence, your messages are not confidential.
- Don't send HTML mail. Send email in plain text.
- Don't send attachments, upload the file somewhere else and link it if necessary.
- Trim extraneous information (such as long signatures) from quotes when replying to a message. Include only relevant material in your post.
- Write a meaningful subject line.
- When making a new thread describe it succinctly.
- When replying to a digest, take the time to change the subject to something meaningful.
- Don't forward chain letters or off-topic material through the list.
- Post in English. To best assist the majority of our users, we can only support the English language.
- If you don't receive an immediate response, wait at least 24 hours before re-posting. Make a new reply to your own post to "bump" it.
You may also find How to Ask Questions the Smart Way to be useful when posting to the mailing lists.
These guidelines were adopted from the Fedora project and are available under the Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.